At Family Law Resolutions, we understand that family law matters are often difficult. Navigating through this challenging period of your life can cause emotional strain. Therefore, it is so important to look after yourself and your mental health during this time.
Some ways we recommend caring for your mental health include taking up a new hobby, going on a beach walk, practicing mindfulness through meditation, and reading more books.
However, everyone knows that one of the best ways to look after yourself is to enjoy a simple home-cooked baked treat. Below is a delicious banana bread recipe; it is so good you won’t want to share!
- 2 or 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled (about 1 ½ cups mashed)
- 1/3 cup butter
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- ¾ cup sugar ( ½cup if you would like it less sweet, 1 cup for added sweetness)
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 175°C, and butter a 4×8-inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla extract until fluffy. Then, add the nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and banana and stir until combined.
- Add the flour and baking soda and fold into the mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 175°C, or until a toothpick or wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. *hint – it helps to rotate the pan in the oven to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then remove the banana bread from the pan and let cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
- Slice, serve and enjoy.
- Wrapped well, the banana bread will keep at room temperature for 4 days. For longer storage, refrigerate the loaf up to 5 days, or freeze it.
*Hint – we love our banana bread slightly warm with melted butter and a cup of hot tea. It’s also great with fresh berries and a dollop of yoghurt.
We hope you enjoy this recipe! Be kind to yourself during this time, and make sure you seek help from professionals if required.
Our team of experienced family lawyers are here to assist you with family law matters including Divorce, Property Settlement and Parenting Arrangements. We offer a free 20-minute appointment for you to discuss your family law matter with one of our solicitors.
Please call 1800 357 000 or email email@example.com to book your free 20-minute appointment.